Benefits of Heating Oil for Homes & Offices in Bangor & Ballynahinch
Heating the Home & Office in Bangor
As you probably know, most homes and businesses within the UK are connected to the mains gas grid. Although surprisingly, a large percentage are not, many of which rely on home heating oil (kerosene). Apart from being one of the cheapest forms of fuel, there are several other benefits to using heating oil, including:
- Better Performance – Oil burns at over 70 degrees Celsius, significantly hotter than electricity or natural gas. This means that oil-heated homes warm up more quickly, and oil is much more efficient than any other types of heating. For instance, a gas furnace has 77% efficiency, electric heating furnaces have only 31% efficiency. Alternatively oil furnaces exceed 91% efficiency, heating up three times faster than gas or electricity
- Using oil to heat your home gives you the freedom to shop around and choose your supplier. This is an advantage as oil prices tend to fluctuate on a daily basis, and the price of oil has actually dropped steadily over the last few years.
Energy Efficient & Reliable Home Heating Systems in Ballynahinch
- If properly maintained your heating oil system will continue to operate reliably for many years. This means checking everywhere for damage, bulges or cracks, including pipes, valves and seams.
- The tank is owned by you – with other types of home heating fuels like liquid petroleum gas [LPG], the tank is normally rented from the LPG supplier. But with home heating oil, you purchase the tank on installation of the system. Once this is done, there is no ongoing rental fee to pay.
- You can often make further savings by sharing an order, meaning less delivery cost.
- Another advantage of this form of fuel is its safety, being non explosive and unable to burn in its liquid state. A lighted match thrown into the tank will not ignite, and a leak will not cause an explosion. This form of fuel will only ignite once it is heated to over 60 degrees Celsius, and vaporises.
Keep Home Heating Oil Tanks Topped Up in Bangor & Ballynahinch
There are 23 million households across the UK who are connected to the mains gas grid, however there are approximately 4 million that are not. If you plan to buy a home that is “off the grid” there are benefits to using Kerosene as your mains gas alternative. Of course a well insulated house with double glazing and other energy efficient features, will drastically reduce the cost of heating your home.
Keeping your oil tank topped up is the best way to avoid the inconvenience of running out of heating oil. Letting your tank run dry can also cause unwanted issues with your system and stove appliances. It's helpful to track your usage for a year to get an idea of how often to fill your tank. You can then plan your future fuel budget and frequency of deliveries.
Convenient Online Ordering of Home & Office Heating Oil for Bangor & Ballynahinch
A major advantage of ordering your home or office heating oil online is convenience. By simply entering a few details, you can check the current price of your fuel immediately and as often as you wish. You can also order 24/7, 365 days a year, and wherever you are whether at home, in the office or out and about. There is no having to wait until opening hours to put your order in, and you'll receive your heating oil faster.
Of course we are also on the end of the phone should our customers need to speak to us, and are happy to help.